About the Doctor:
Dr. James Sebastian MD, FAGM, is a Consultant Physician and Diabetologist with over 25 years of experience in the medical field. His vast experience stands him in good stead, while his desire for continuous learning keeps him abreast of all the latest developments in medical research and medication that is relevant to his role as a physician and diagnostician.
Dr. James Sebastian began his prodigious career as a Registrar at Sree Uthram Thirunal Royal Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram, and served there in a period of 4 years (1988 - 1990 as Registrar and 1990 - 1992 as Consultant of General Medicine). He served as a Consultant and Head of the Department of Medicine at St. James Hospital, Chalakkudy from 1992-1994). After making remarkable progressions in his professional career, from 1994, he started serving as Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Medicine at MAJ Hospital, Edapally.
- MD from KMC Manipal
- Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes from Total Institute, Pune
- MBBS from KMC Manipal
- Sree Uthram Thirunal Royal Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram
- Consultant and Head of the Department of Medicine at St. James Hospital, Chalakkudy
Awards & Achievements:
- Published a prominent paper related to Post Prandial Hyperglymecia in JAPI 2016, and in the same year, attended the Indo-Ireland Metabolic Summit.
- Played an integral role in two major studies related to IP (India Phenotype) Registry and Gestational Diabetic Mellitus.
- He has been much sought-after as a consultant and speaker at many medical forums. Despite a hectic schedule, he has always found the time to promote social service activities as well.